Sunday, November 28, 2010

Weekend

     As a college student, I still must be able to make time for homework and studying, even though it was a holiday break. I actually have two tests and two papers due the Monday we get back from break, so I couldn't just take the short break to relax. I did have to work a lot. After Thanksgiving dinner, I had to get ready and go to work at 11 pm that night. I worked until 7 the morning of Black Friday. From about midnight until 4 am, the store was crazy. Clothes were all over the place and the line for the registers was a good hour long. The ladies I work with who were ringing up the customers did not have a break for about five hours. It was very, very busy! I had fun though. I got home around eight in the morning and slept for about four hours then went up to Birch Run and shopped for a few more hours. I got all of my shopping done for my family and boyfriend. All I have left to do is my friends.
     All of my friends were home this weekend so I also got to spend some time with them, catching up and what not. I went out to dinner with them a few times and we went bowling one night. I was finally excited to be able to have a social life again! Since I am taking 21 credit hours next semester, I decided that I probably won't be able to work as much as I have been. Work and school together is very hard and I am not sure how people do it! I feel like I am constantly going and I have no free time. I miss being able to say "I'm bored!" Aside from that, I studied and watched Michigan lose to OSU again... it is so heartbreaking being a Michigan fan. I hope they get rid of Rich Rod.
     Today, I did take a few hours out of my day to help my family pick out our Christmas tree and put up the Christmas lights. The Christmas tree is one of my favorite parts of Christmas. I love decorating it and being able to spend that time with my family. It truly is a special moment for my family. I don't believe there is one Christmas, since I could walk and talk, where I did not help pick out the tree, cut it down, and then decorate it. Just another family tradition!
     I finally made my Christmas list. I basically just asked for clothes and Spain gadgets considering in Europe they have all different adapters and such things. Christmas is one of my favorite times of the year. The music and happiness that comes with the season is beautiful. Besides the snow and bad weather that may occur, I love this season. I don't mind the cold actually. I am a skier and I love to have snowball fights and building snowmen. My dog loves the snow, too! I am excited that my sister is coming home for a whole month soon. It will hopefully the perfect way to end the year! Hope you all had a good holiday break and I will talk to you later this upcoming week!

1 comment:

  1. I am a also a fan of winter. I never get that people hate snow. I like to ski and iceskate so it makes the season more fun.

    ReplyDelete