Thursday, November 18, 2010

End of Semester Worries!

     So, I can't believe the end of the semester is less than a month away! I already scheduled for my classes next semester. I am basically finished with Spanish classes. Only my minor left! I am finished with my gen ed classes after this semester so I am ready to move on and get my degree as a teacher. Since it is the end of the semester, it seems as if professors strategically plan to have tests and due dates on the same days each week. So, in order to not stress, I would strongly advise to not procrastinate! It was interesting, I had a great discussion this week with a few other classmates' in other classes and almost all of them say that they do their best work when under pressure (basically, when they wait to do the assignment the night before it's due). I thought to myself and I cannot even imagine doing this because in my opinion, if I waited until the night it was due, my brain would freeze and I would not be able to even get more than a few words down. If the assignments and studying is started earlier, I do a little bit at a time each and let is absorb into my brain. It seems to work for me.
     One thing I have always been taught was not to panic. If confused, always ask questions. If I don't ask questions and come test/assignment time, I will be frustrated with myself that I didn't ask because I could have known how to solve that math problem, for example. This week, I had a few things due. Over Thanksgiving break, I actually have four assignments that are all due and I am already working on them so I can spend more time with family and less locked in my room studying. Finals are always worrisome. I worry all the time that one slip-up will ruin my entire GPA. I try my best to get those negative thoughts out of my head and walk into an exam or assignment with my head up. However, for many students, that doesn't always happen no matter how much they prepare. That is the key to success though; preparation. Here is a link for some other information that may help you with end of the semester stress.
     Hope everyone has a great weekend! Go Blue and study hard. Prioritize!!!

1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh, I just want this semester to be over with! I really admire how well you prioritize everything and are so on top of all your work. It's a really great habit to have. Most people can't say the same thing...

    ReplyDelete