Saturday, November 6, 2010

Boyfriends




     It is hard to talk about boyfriend"s" when I truly have only really had one boyfriend. Okay, technically two. I "went out" with Zack Walter when I was in fifth grade. We actually were "boyfriend-girlfriend" up until we were freshman in high school. I think that was more of puppy love. However, when I was finished with Zack, I met Erik. Erik Micheal Thompson. Erik and I became friends and were actually friends for about 7 months before we began to date. He was afraid to ask me to be his girlfriend, but it eventually happened :) He asked me on July 22nd of 2005. We have been together ever since. Erik and I have built a very strong and healthy relationship over the years. We spent the most amazing first summer together. It seriously was beautiful and it grew into love. Erik and I are both 20 now and we are still head-over-heels crazy for each other. We are still surviving after 5 long years.
     However, lately things have been becoming more difficult. He goes to Central University and I live at home. Now that I have a job, I barely see him. I used to be at Central almost every weekend. Now it is about once a month, if that. Erik and I have changed as people. We both have dreams and as of now, it seems like those dreams are going down two different paths. It is hard to keep the faith alive, but I do because I do believe this is true love. We are still young and have our entire lives to experience things. We would never want to hold each other back from anything. He is such a great person. His sense of humor makes anyone and everyone around him enjoy life even more. I fell in love with Erik because he always used to say that he was different and not the typical "guy." And he was right. He is completely different from anyone I have ever met. I truly am lucky to be in such an amazing relationship. I look at my parents who have been together since they were our age and I want to be just like them. My parents have inspired me to love unconditionally. Here are a few pictures of me and Erik over the years. I hope some may bring a few laughs!


4 comments:

  1. good post - i enjoyed reading it and as a reader, i liked having a small glimpse into your life!

    You are very mature for your age...I would have guessed you to be much older than that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds like you two have a really healthy relationship. I hope it continues and as long as you make each other happy, that's all that really matters.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sure that you guys will be okay. Look forward to the time you spend together and make the best of it. I know with work and school it's hard to spend time together but sometimes you have to make time. Even if you're futures are going down different paths, support each other. If it's meant to be, it'll workout in the end. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aw you two are really cute! I hope everything works out for you too... I can understand the growing apart type of thing too. But if you guys are really devoted to each other I believe that you can do it, even though it's tough. Good luck, and I enjoyed the pictures :)

    ReplyDelete