Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Weekend off!


This weekend I do not have too much homework and I do not have to work! Erik is coming home and we have lots of things planned. We are going to the movies, out to dinner, watching football all day Saturday, and I am taking him to The Drowsy Chaperone at the theater here at school on Sunday! I am so excited to just relax and not have too much to worry about. This past week, I have been super stressed. I had four papers all due this past Tuesday. It was crazy and although I did not procrastinate, I still pulled an all-nighter on Monday night. It was not fun. This week has also been stressful in my family. My mom was laid off her job after a year and it has been very hard on her. We have been trying to cheer her up, but nothing seems to be working.
This is my sister, puppy, and I on the top of the stairs on Christmas!
This weekend, we also have a work meeting. I guess some of the drama I was talking about in earlier posts has finally caught up to some of the girls who started it and karma is coming back around! We are also talking about Black Friday. All of us girls must work a double-shift. The mall opens at 2 am and closes at midnight! I am actually hoping I get the early shift because a tradition in my family is so shop on this day. Thanksgiving this year should be fun too. My whole family is coming in from Florida to celebrate at our house!
Here is a picture of one of our Christmas Tree's!
I cannot believe Christmas is just around the corner. I feel like school just started. When I was younger, as a family, we all just bought as much as we were allowed to spend and just made Christmas about the gifts. Now that my sister and I have grown up, we realize it is more about the love and spending time together. I actually am a snow-person. I enjoy skiing and if it's going to be cold, it might as well be pretty! I have only ever had one Christmas without snow and that was last year when we all went to Florida for the holidays. It was not the same without the snow. I do love Christmas time. I love the music and the feel of happiness and joy. My favorite family tradition is cutting down our tree and decorating it. Also, even though I am still young, I still make Santa cookies! Next post, I will talk more about Black Friday and Christmas shopping! Have a good week!

No comments:

Post a Comment