Thursday, October 7, 2010

Spain 2011

     As seen in previous posts, I am studying abroad in Spain in the summer of 2011. I am going with a girlfriend I have known for about 3 years now. Her name is Natalie. She is not majoring in Spanish like me, but rather minoring. However, we are both beyond excited. The study abroad fair yesterday was a huge success. We are traveling through a company known as International Studies Abroad (ISA). It is a great program that offers programs in basically all major cities of the world it seems. However, we have several options. We must put a down payment in December and until then, we are going to be researching the locations available, the classes offered (and will hopefully transfer, and the excursions we will be participating in. As of right now, we are leaning towards Seville or Salamanca, Spain (see map of Spain). Seville is a gorgeous city. It is smaller, more intimate.    However, Seville has a great university as well as night life! When I went to Spain in high school, Seville was one of the stops we made and it was beyond gorgeous. Salamanca is also beautiful, from the pictures I have seen. I have not been there. We are leaning towards Salamanca because neither of us has been there and it would be a great experience to share this new place together.
     Overall, the trip is going to be about $10,000. There are many scholarships available and we can both apply for financial aid. I decided to give my parents a break and am going to pay for this all on my own! The program includes a place to live, the schooling, food, laundry, and four excursions. The only thing Natalie and I would be responsible for is the extra spending money and the plane ticket. However, there is no price that can be put on such a grand experience. I will be able to share this experience for the rest of my life.
     I am truly out of my mind, crazy about going abroad for three months. Of course it will be a long time away from my family, friends, and boyfriend. However, absence makes the heart grow fonder right? Cheesy, I know. For the next couple of weeks, I will be going into detail about the sorts of things we get to do. If anyone is seriously interested in joining us on our adventure or need any information at all, let me know. I am providing a link for ISA's website. It is a great place to look at. You can even request a free catalog to look at all the opportunities offered.Until then, hasta luego!

1 comment:

  1. I vote for Salamanca. You've never been there. You've been to Seville. You can always travel to Seville for a visit, but you won't have the same experince if you live in Seville and visit Salamanca. With that said, I don't think you can make a wrong choice.

    ReplyDelete