Thursday, October 21, 2010

Basic Skills Exam/Midterms


      In the past week, I had two midterms, two papers due, and the Basic Skills exam. Saturday morning, I woke up and got out of bed at 4:45 in order to be on time for the basic skills test. The closest location to me was about 45 minutes away and I had to be there a little before 7. So, the worry wart that I am I got up a little earlier than needed. I think overall, the basic skills exam was easy. I do not find out my results until November and then I find out after that if I was accepted into the teaching program or not! Overwhelming stuff... I cannot believe I am already going to be a senior.
     Once I am a senior, I will be only taking education classes. I will have a semester of observations and then I will student teach full-time. I actually had a meeting on Monday night about the next steps into the program. It is going to be a hard last two semesters! Since I am from Oakland County, I do commute to school. One of the policies of the teaching program is to student-teach in one of the district-need schools in Flint. My parents so totally unhappy about this, but I cannot change school policy…If you are interested in taking the Basic Skills Exam, or any of the other subject matter exams, follow this link to the MTTC website!
     The two midterms I had were Spanish and Biology. The Spanish one was very interesting. Since this is my last grammar class for my major, I pretty much had to know all of the concepts of grammar, all verbs, all verb conjugations, all verb tenses, etc. I began studying two weeks in advance, so at least I know I put all of my hard work into this exam. The other exam I had was Biology. It was not as hard as expected. I had two papers due in both of my English classes, but I also believe I did well on those.
     As I mentioned in my previous post, there are several ways to study and I listed all the ones I find helpful in maintaining good grades. Here is a link for more study tips from other college students! Good luck on all the midterms coming up!

1 comment: