Friday, September 24, 2010

Studying

     Since this blog does have a lot to do with my entire "life of a college student," I thought this would be a good time to post about studying. Family and health are my first two priorities. However, school is right up there. The difference between me and other people may be that I LOVE school. I love the idea of learning new things every day and being able to apply this to the outside world. I have always enjoyed school. When I was five years old, I knew wanted to be a teacher. I loved the idea of having my own students and classroom. Since most of you have probably read my other posts, it may seem I do not have that much free time. It's true, I don't really. But studying is a necessity in college. When I study, I lock myself in my room. I do not watch TV or listen to music. I reread aloud, over and over again, what I am trying to learn or relearn. This semester, I am worried about studying because I feel like I do not have time to, but that is wrong. I think I am starting to just feel overly exhausted. I cannot seem to find that motivation factor that has always been the thing to push me the most.
     Next week, I have two papers due, two quizzes, and one test. For some odd coincidence, ALL of my classes seem to follow the same schedule with due dates. It may seem a little hectic. Yet, I balance out these things. I have already finished my papers, and I have already begun to study for everything. I have learned that if people give themselves enough time to prepare (aka, DO NOT PROCRASTINATE), they can get everything they want finished. I normally do not like group work. Yet when it comes to studying, I actually enjoy working in groups and getting everyone else's feedback of what they think we need to know for the test. I make up my own study guides. I am a dork, and I know it. Yet, I think that is why I still maintain a 4.0 GPA. So, no more complaining on my part. For people who may want to get together for group reading or anything for this class, let me know. I would love to!
    I consider myself a book worm. Next time, I am going to go into detail about why I want to teach and what I want to teach. Have a nice day.

6 comments:

  1. I agree with you about the necessity of studying. Too often I allow myself to procrastinate, which seems like a good idea at the time, but never turns out that way. I have to make myself study, not because I don't like learning, I really enjoy it, but because sometimes I get very busy. Finding time is my biggest issue.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do agree that it's necessary to study but I also can relate to how difficult this can be to accomplish. I must say that I am one who does my best work when I procrastinate...anytime I've tried to do homework ahead of time, I've found that I can't focus well enough to get the paper done successfully.

    Good luck this semester with all your classes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am also finding that all of my classes follow very tight schedules. with most bog projects due almost on the same day. I'm running into the same problem, and it does make it harder to manage time, etc. I agree, if you procrastinate, its impossible to catch up. So, I lock my doors too (with my kids lined up outside waiting for me to finish) to have some study time. Something that was taught to me in a Ed. Psych class is that after no longer than 1 hour of studying, give yourself a nice, long break, as its hard for your brain to absorb alot of material in longer study sessions!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do procrastinate a lot,and I know that studying is the key to break this habit. thanks for the advice.

    ReplyDelete
  5. UGH! Procrastinatio is my middle name! I love to learn but I hate doing a lot of homework or busywork. I love to read but I find it next to impossible to read a textbook. Sometimes I wonder how I have made it this far in school and how much I am retaining. I have issues!! But I try to power through. It is getting so hard though.

    I am exhausted this semester and I am also finding it hard to find the motivation. I hope this gets better.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm with you. I enjoy going to school and enjoy learning. I study everyday for several hours minimum. However,my mind tends to wander when I'm reading homework assignments unless it's something that really interests me. It's like my brain says "la-la-la, this is boring and there are other things I'd rather be doing!"

    ReplyDelete