- Time: Now that I work about 15 hours a week, I barely have free time to hang out with family or friends. I work Tuesdays and Thursdays, and one weekend day. I work until close, which is about 9:30 P.M. So I come home, eat dinner, and go to bed. I do not normally do homework on these nights. That leaves the weekends and Mondays and Wednesdays to do homework. It seems like a lot, but it is not. I never have time to do things on my own, or to relieve stress.
- Social: Like I said, I do not have a lot of time to hang out with friends. My boyfriend and a lot of my best friends go to Central University in Mount Pleasant. I used to be able to go up for a whole weekend, every two or three weeks. Now, I have no time to go because I am either working or studying. It has been a big burden on me because I love spending time with the people I love.
- Slow: Weekdays at work are so slow. No one shops on weekdays so I am given "projects" to do. These projects are not fun at all.
- Food: I no longer get to enjoy a family dinner every night like I used to. My family and I would always cook together and sit down every night to eat together. It is not like that anymore. I miss these things.
- Money: Although the money is great, I always want to spend it! That is not so great. Wherever I am, shopping or at the grocery, I always feel like taking out my debit card and signing my savings away! That's when I have to think SPAIN, SPAIN, SPAIN.
- Stress: I feel I am always busy and am always stressed about getting to work on time, doing homework, studying for a test. I am trying to balance it all out.
P.S. I found an interesting article on other peoples opinions on working while in college. Click on the link and let me know if you agree/disagree. Thanks :)