Friday, September 17, 2010

Advantages of Working while Attending School...

     Recently, I acquired an after school job. I got this job because I am studying abroad to Spain next summer for three months and again, it is very costly. I have never had a job while going to school and I knew it was going to be challenging. Even after the first two weeks of work, I have learned of several advantages of work.
  • Money. Money is needed for just about everything right now. I have my whole school paid for so it is nice to not have to spend money on tuition. I can just save, save, save!! I can also just swipe my debit card whenever it is needed (which some people may look at as good and bad).
  • Coworkers. I have met several very friendly people. About six of us work at the same time, either greeting customers or making sure the clothes around the store look nice and clean. I have already gotten to know two of them really well. I plan on getting to know all of them very well. I love meeting new people and making friends.
  • Bored. I can no longer ever say that I am bored. I work Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Saturdays. I work eight hour shifts at a time. The rest of the time I am doing homework or hanging out with my friends or family. I can no longer complain about having nothing to do.
  • Discount. I obtain a 15% discount at the store. I can buy clothes and get everything discounted! It is nice because I needed new clothes for school. I get it a lot cheaper than most people.
  • Organized. Having a job helps guide me to be even more organized. I have to make sure I have all of my homework and studying done before I go to work.
     These are several advantages of working while going to school. I am still working on my disadvantages list. The pros and cons are definitely not equal.You'll see what I mean in my next post. Until next time, have a good weekend! If you're bored and want to shop, come see my at Papaya at Great Lakes Crossing Mall!

P.S. Great Lakes Crossing is a great mall. There are tons of things to do. Click on the link to the website! You can see all of the shops, restaurants,directions, etc!

No comments:

Post a Comment