Friday, December 10, 2010

Last Post!

     So, I have been thinking about what to write about in my last post. I decided to write about my life in the next few months... some of the things I am looking forward to and some goals. Short term, I want to move on from this winter semester coming up! I want to survive it at least. I am taking 20 credit hours next semester. That is 7 classes. Yes, people must be saying that I am crazy, but I want to graduate on time. The Spanish department does not really help with how students want to graduate on time. They like you to be here for like five or six. Well, I decided to beat the system! I cannot wait to go to Spain next summer. It is going to be a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity. I am hoping to perfect my Spanish speaking and learn about the culture. I am also looking forward to my 21st birthday. In the first week of May, it is my parents' 25th anniversary, my 21st birthday, and my sister's college graduation. So, we decided that there is so much to celebrate, why not celebrate in LAS VEGAS! All I have ever heard about Vegas are stories, so I am looking forward to making my own! Also, after Spain, I am looking forward to my last year of college. It is hard to believe that I only have one year left. I feel like I just received my acceptance letter into UM-Flint yesterday. Scary how fast time truly flies by... Since I am in the teaching program, I do my block of teaching classes and then my last semester, I student teach. I have already had experience with elementary students so I am really looking forward to being in a high school because I want to be a high school teacher. Once I graduate, I plan on moving down to Florida.
      Long term goals- there are many. I want to move to Miami because they speak Spanish there all the time. Miami University also has one of the best interpreting programs. I do not want to be a Spanish teacher for the rest of my life. I want to learn French and Mandarin Chinese and become and interpreter for the United Nations. Yes, those are big dreams but I believe in myself. Go big or go home right?! Also, a family is very important to me. I want to get married and start a family before 30. I also want to live in a foreign country for a year or two. Traveling is very important to me. So I hope my soon-to-be-husband will like to travel! Overall, I want to live in my parents' footsteps. In final, I have had a wonderful life. I want to keep going in the path I am going. I am looking forward to so many experiences. I hope you all will have successful and happy lives. Do your best and never settle for anything less than what you want and deserve. Good luck!

1 comment:

  1. 20 credits is crazy, and I admire you for taking that many classes. I take four and get stressed out, haha. Good luck though, and have fun in Spain! I've always wanted to go. Maybe eventually. Have a good break!

    ReplyDelete