Tuesday, December 7, 2010

College and Support

     







     Since this is our last blog, I decided to just talk about my normal life as a college student. No matter what anyone says or does, college is the most important idea a person could ever grasp. College is needed for anything these days; a job, a successful lifestyle, lifelong friends, an education, etc. Many people feel that college is too hard and they barely get through it, but even just getting by and still receiving that diploma is an accomplishment in itself. I know many people, especially in my generation, who are the first in their family to ever attend college. Every time I hear this, I tear up because that in itself can carry around so much proud. In my family, my dad went to Western. My mom did not go to college. She could not afford it when she was my age. However, my mom did go back to school when she was 40, which everyone in our family was so proud of her for. Even now, she is back in school. My parents have always been the best support system behind me. They were always supportive in everything I did. My dad, he never missed anything in my life. He was there at my birth, every kindergarten field trip, all my elementary parties, all of my volleyball games in high school, all of my honor dinners. My mom, who has been to just about everything too, is my biggest inspiration as well. She attended as much as she could when she was in school and working nights as a nurse. My sister Amanda has been my rock in life. Although we barely got along in high school, she is my savior now. She is more than my sister, but my best friend. My grandparents have also been so supportive, praising me in everything I do.
     













      In all honesty, I could not have asked for a better family. They have provided me a meaningful life and have always been there for me. They never gave up and they  never let me give up. They are the best thing in my life. They are the most important thing and I would not have been able to motivate myself to become what I am today. I would not have been able to reach college and strive to graduate and become a teacher without them. I truly owe my family. This is my thank you to them. If I take anything away from life, I know it would be to appreciate my family and all of the opportunities I have been given. And that is exactly what college does; it provides chances of a lifetime. As mentioned previously, never give up on a dream. Even if it is so unrealistic, one day, you could accomplish it and overcome all of those obstacles that once stood in the way. Always appreciate your life and never take it for granted. You never know what the next day may bring. Life is not about the number of breaths, but the number of moments that take your breath away. In closing, my final advice is to live, laugh, learn, and love.



2 comments:

  1. It's so helpful to have an encouraging family that pushes you to do your best in life. Having good role models carries over to you and I've had a same experience. It is sad for those who may not have as good as a family who inspire them and are there for all of their activities as well. I could never imagine not going to college because it was ingrained in me from the beginning that you go to college after high school. I love to learn and I want to continue to do it even after I graduate. The college atmosphere really helps some people grow up I think too because it's a lot more free form and you have to make a lot of decisions for yourself.

    I've had a similar experience with my sister as well.. She's 7 years older than me and we didn't get along that well growing up because she was a teenager while I was a kid running around being annoying, but now we are best friends and I can't ever replace her. I hope to see you around campus sometime!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Having a family that supports you, that loves you, is truly a blessing. Most people take their family for granted but they're a lot of people out there who have it far worse. Nice post.

    ReplyDelete